Page 0017

18

FIRE

SAFETYIn June 2017, following the Grenfell fire tragedy, we took

the decision to fit sprinklers in all our high rise flats. This

decision wasn't taken because our fire safety procedures

weren't up to standard; but so we could offer our tenants

extra reassurance.

Straight away we began the process, and work was

completed in May this year. All of our high rise flats now

have sprinklers fitted in every room.

Visit ongo.co.uk/firesafety to check out our

fire safety procedures

TIPS FOR A

SAFER KITCHEN

It is important not to get distracted when cooking. It only

takes a moment for a hot pan or grill tray to catch fire.

• Do not leave pans unattended. Take them off the heat if

you have to leave the room

• Never leave a child unattended when cooking

• When you have finished cooking, make sure your oven is

turned off

• Do not cook when tired, or if you have had alcohol

• Keep the oven, hob and grill clean. A build up of fat and

grease can easily catch fire

• Never use water on a hot oil or chip pan fire

• Keep your microwave clean and do not put metal in it

• Keep electrical leads, tea towels and clothes away from

the cooker

• Turn off electrical appliances when they are not in use

If a pan catches fire, do not take risks -

GET OUT, STAY OUT AND CALL 999

In partnership with:

For more tips visit

www.humbersidefire.gov.uk

Index

  1. Page 0001
  2. Page 0002
  3. Page 0003
  4. Page 0004
  5. Page 0005
  6. Page 0006
  7. Page 0007
  8. Page 0008
  9. Page 0009
  10. Page 0010
  11. Page 0011
  12. Page 0012
  13. Page 0013
  14. Page 0014
  15. Page 0015
  16. Page 0016
  17. Page 0017
  18. Page 0018
  19. Page 0019
  20. Page 0020
  21. Page 0021
  22. Page 0022
  23. Page 0023

Related Issues

powered by PageTiger