We have safeguarding champions - we work closely with local authorities to protect
children and vulnerable adults from any kind of abuse, and to keep them free from harm.
This is one of our top priorities.
Keeping you safe
Who could be the abuser?
• Strangers who groom online
Types of abuse
• Physical, emotional or sexual abuse
• Domestic abuse
• Discriminatory abuse
• Financial abuse
• Institutional abuse
• Neglect and self-neglect
• Modern slavery
Who might be at risk?
• People with disabilities
• Older people
• People with mental health problems
• People who are ill for a long time
• People who are misusing drugs or alcohol
Signs of abuse
For example these can be when a person:
• Looks dirty or is not dressed properly
• Has an injury that is difficult to explain
• Seems frightened around certain people
• Seems unusually down or withdrawn
• Finds money missing
the right to
Even if you're not sure whether these signs mean abuse,
you should still report them to us at ongo.co.uk or the adult
and child services team at your local authority.