Our Support team can help you in a number of ways - one
of these is offering money-saving tips and helping you with
We've already done a lot of work to make your home efficient
with the latest heating systems, quality roofing, wall
insulation and modern windows and doors.
But there are always extra things that we can all do to save
money, and the environment too.
1. Turn your thermostat down - reducing your room
temperature by 1°C could cut your heating bills by up to 10%
and typically saves around £50 per year.
2. Check your boiler - your cylinder thermostat should be
set at 60°C/140°F.
3. Close your curtains at night - this helps to keep
heat in the room.
4. Turn off lights - when you leave a room, flick that
switch or turn down that dimmer.
5. Don't leave appliances on standby - as well as TVs,
don't forget laptops and mobile phones which may be on
6. Try not to part-load machines - did you know that a
full-load of a washing machine, dishwasher or tumble dryer
uses less energy than two half-loads.
7. Only boil as much water as you need to - make
sure the elements of the kettle are covered with water.
8. Use energy saving light bulbs - they last up to 10
times longer than ordinary bulbs, and using one can save you
at least £45 over the lifetime of the bulb.
9. Do a home energy check - walk around your home
and work out where you can make the best savings.
10. Wrap up warm - consider an extra layer of clothing
rather than turning up the thermostat.
11. If it gets hot, turn down the thermostat - don't
open the windows, as you are paying for heat to escape
through the window.
12. Use your timer - so your heating goes off just before
you go to bed and comes on again just before you get up.
2,657 tenants were
provided with financial
support in 2019/20 - an
increase from 2,516 in
You could be eligible for a Warm Home Discount
rebate. The 2020/21 scheme opened on 12 October
and you could get as much as £140 off your
Check gov.uk to see if you are eligible.
Did you know?
North Lincolnshire Council re-introduced their free
bulky item collection service last month. You can request
a collection for a day that suits you - book online at