Cooking up a treatCheck out some quick and easy recipes
for you to try.
• Vegetables such as potatoes, carrots,
cauliflower, swede, green beans, peas
• 1 tablespoon of olive oil
• 1 onion, finely diced
• 600ml vegetable stock
• Extras of your choice such as onion, garlic,
parsley, salt and pepper
1. Wash your hands thoroughly before preparation
and cut the vegetables into small chunks.
2. Pour the olive oil into a large pan, and put it on
a medium heat. Once medium-hot, add the
vegetables (apart from the green beans and/or
peas) and any additional extras of your choice
as mentioned above.
3. Cover the pan and cook until the vegetables
4. Add the green beans and/or peas and cook for a
further 5 minutes.
5. Turn off the heat, sprinkle with herbs and spices
of your choice and serve.
• 250g plain flour
• 1 medium egg
• 175ml milk
• 100g caster sugar
• 75g butter
• 1 tablespoon of baking powder
• An extra to add into the muffins such as
bananas, blueberries, chocolate chips
• Paper muffin cases
1. Wash your hands thoroughly before
2. Pre-heat your oven to 200 Celsius/gas mark six.
Line a muffin tray with the paper muffin cases.
3. Add the flour and baking powder into a bowl,
and stir in the sugar and butter.
4. Beat together the egg and milk, and stir into
the bowl until just blended.
5. Add in the chopped bananas, blueberries,
chocolate chips, or the extra of your choice.
Stir and divide the mixture evenly between the
6. Cook for around 20-25 minutes until they have
risen and are golden-brown.
• 500g minced beef
• 450g mashed potato
• 1 beef stock cube
• 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
• 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil
• Vegetables to add such as onion, carrots, mushrooms
1. Wash your hands thoroughly before preparation.
2. Pre-heat your oven to 200 Celsius/gas mark six. Peel the potatoes and mash.
3. Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the extra vegetables and cook on a medium heat until the vegetables
4. Add the mince to the pan. Keep stirring to break it up until it browns.
5. Drain the fat from the mixture before pouring in the tin of tomatoes and adding the stock cube. Continue to
stir and bring the mixture to the boil until it starts to thicken and the vegetables are tender.
6. Spoon into a large ovenproof dish, and add the potato to the top of the mince.
7. Cook for around 20-30 minutes until the pie is golden-brown and the filling is bubbling.
to have a