Page 54 AUGUST 2018 | RETAILERS FORUM MAGAZINE
8. Be a resource - not just a source.
• If you want to build a relationship with the
reporter, prove you are a good source. Think of
other articles or books that may help the reporter with the article.
• If the reporter is on the wrong track or has
wrong information, don't be afraid to point it
9. Minimize distractions.
• Dedicate time to the interview and not to putting out fires.
• Don't interrupt the "flow" of the interview to
take phone calls.
Lesson 8: Handling A Crisis
One day it's going to happen. It might be a lawsuit. Maybe
an accident at your place of business.
Or perhaps a labor dispute. Want it or not,
a crisis will bring
the media to you
and thrust you into
Often the first reaction
is to say "no
comment." This is
the worst thing you
could ever say,
short of a full admission
comment is condemning, as
it implies you have something to
hide. The media and the public will assume
you are guilty. If your goal is to postpone comment until
you can assemble facts, there is another phrase you can use.
for Retailers & Wholesalers
• IFG helps you turn your quality current commercial accounts
receivable into immediate cash.
• Our solution converts your sale that may have 30- to 45-day
payment terms into a "cash-on-delivery" sale. As a result, you
have the funds needed to finance and grow your business.
• The IFG invoice discounting solution provides you with a unique,
user-friendly "use-it-as-you-need-it" financing alternative.
• IFG leaves YOU in control of your business and of how much you
use the IFG service - there are NO long-term commitments and
NO monthly minimums. You sell us accounts receivables only
when you need immediate cash.
• If you are a supplier of goods and/or services and wish to
accelerate your cash flow, contact us today.
powered by PageTiger