Page 66 AUGUST 2018 | RETAILERS FORUM MAGAZINE
7. When you read a prepared statement, tell
the truth without being too expansive - then
Wait for the press to ask questions before going
into unnecessary detail. The reporters may not
be interested which will abbreviate the soon-tobe-published/aired
When being interviewed, try not to view the reporter
as an adversary. Mentally block out cameras
and notebooks and concentrate on the
message. Try to think of it as merely a dialogue
between two people.
Top Self-Marketing Secrets
9 Lessons on Becoming the Quoted Expert
1. Based on your occupation and positioning,
choose a subject that interests you. Then become an expert in that area.
2. Send telephone index cards to the media listing
yourself as an expert in your chosen subject.
3. Send a short note with the cards to appropriate newspaper,
magazine, radio, & TV people.
4. Don't wait for media to call you. When you
see a breaking story that you can comment on,
call them so you will be the quoted authority.
5. Use news releases to obtain small articles that
keep you or your organization's name in front
of the public.
COSTUMES ARE YEAR 'ROUND MONEY MAKERS!
100'S IN STOCK
Fast Same Day Shipping
Flat Rate Delivery
Every Day's A Treat!
powered by PageTiger