Common Error Eliminator
● Imperatives are the base forms of verbs. Do not change the forms of
✗ Keeps quiet, please.
✓ Keep quiet, please.
● Do not mix up in with on. We use in to talk about an enclosed
area. We use on to talk about a surface.
✗ The book is in the table on the library.
✓ The book is on the table in the library.
Prepositions of place
● Remember to use the base form of the verb after would.
✗ Thomas would likes salad.
✓ Thomas would like salad.
● Do not mix up ordinal numbers with cardinal numbers. We
use ordinal numbers to talk about positions. We use cardinal
numbers to talk about quantities.
✗ Mr Chan and his family live on the two floor. He has second
✓ Mr Chan and his family live on the second floor. He has two
● Remember to use or but not and in negative sentences.
✗ I have no brothers and sisters.
✓ I have no brothers or sisters.
Connectives: and, or