161. Simply as a means of transportation to get
from one side of the Atlantic to the other. After
all a seven night voyage on a luxury ship in a
comfortable ensuite stateroom on full board with
waiter service can sometimes be the same cost
of an economy flight and a fraction of the cost of
business or first class flights.
2. To enjoy the journey in itself as a way to relax
perhaps without the interruptions of ports of call
and / or to escape the distractions of daily life.
3. As part of a greater holiday experience in
North America instead of flying - combining a
cruise with a more traditional land based stay. For
this reason Transatlantic Crossings are ideal for
people who like their land based holidays but want
to try out the cruise experience.
WHY CHOOSE A TRANSATLANTIC VOYAGE?
Travel to the United States Of America in Style. For five
days of any crossing - Each day at sea is 25 hours long and
so you will arrive refreshed in tune with local time ready to
step of your ship after breakfast and enjoy a full day. That
is without the jet lag - wanting to go to sleep five hours
before everyone else and waking up in the early hours of
Enhance your holiday or travel experience and journey
home from the USA with the knowledge that you have not
got to go through long security queues at the airport and
have the patience to endure a relatively cramped flight
overnight back to the UK. Why subject yourself to all of this
aggravation when you can turn this overnight flight home
into the most comfortable and relaxing journey home
possible? Also the potential to shop and buy things that
you would not normally buy because of the flight home is
irresistible. No restrictive airline luggage weight allowances
and much less chance of breakages if your purchases are
not being thrown into the hold of an aircraft or squeezed
into the overhead storage lockers.
WHO ARE THEY SUITABLE FOR ?
If you want a regular cruise with ports of call or badly suffer
from the effects of motion - then these cruises are probably
not for you. These cruises are ideal for those of you who are
well travelled, have cruised lots of times before or are looking
for something different. They are also perfect for people who
lead busy lives in the work or home environment and want to
totally relax without distraction and let someone else do all
the work. For these reasons you tend to meet a very different
type of passenger on a Transatlantic crossing than on a
regular cruise with ports of call
WHAT IS THERE TO DO:
Cynical people would say: Eat, Sleep & Drink - perfect!!!
But there is so much more too:
- Switch off from the outside world ; put the mobile
down and shut the laptop!!!
- Have a wallow in the Thermal pool or detox in
- Try your luck at bingo or learn how to play Poker.
- Watch a feature film or attend a lecture by a
- Join a RADA acting class or pop in to see a matinee
- Compete in a golf simulator competition or learn
more about computers.
- Join the pub trivia quiz or learn about mixing martinis.
- Make friends with Bill W or Dorothy.
- Work out in the gym or learn some dance steps.
- Take a brisk walk on deck or sunbathe in the solarium
- Check out the library or peruse fine works of art.
- Relax in a hot tub or have a splash in the pool.
- People watch with a Coffee or plan your
A transatlantic voyage takes you back to the golden era of ocean liners before jet travel.
They have rather romantic connotations of casting off from the daily grind of the UK on a wonderful adventure.
Ocean Terminal, Southampton