RSPCA welfare standards
for domestic/common ducks
60 February 2015
* indicates an amendment
Transport - standard operating and emergency procedure
(relating to standard T 3.3)
Items to be included
1. Out of hours telephone numbers and 'emergency procedure'.
2. Accident procedure.
3. Certificate of motor insurance and MOT.
4. Tyres - punctures Code of Practice.
5. Mobile phones or other communication equipment (and procedures for use).
6. Guidelines on correct environmental conditions during the journey, depending on length
of journey and ambient temperature.
7. RSPCA welfare standards relating to transport of ducks.
8. Procedure for loading/unloading of poultry transporters.
9. Procedure for delivery of poultry to customer sites.
10. FTA - The Driver's Handbook, including Tachograph Regulations.
11. Fire extinguisher.
12. Operating procedures for roadside checks.